free website stats program Close call | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Close call

Glad you're ok,

I really wish this country would pass a law against driving while talking (or even worse) texting. I've had two very close calls this summer, both were with young ladies and they were both talking/texting while driving. I'd rather take my chances avoiding the drunk drivers than young ladies chatting and driving.....

Glad you're ok,

I really wish this country would pass a law against driving while talking (or even worse) texting. I've had two very close calls this summer, both were with young ladies and they were both talking/texting while driving. I'd rather take my chances avoiding the drunk drivers than young ladies chatting and driving.....
I have said it a few times on here but it still goes through my head all the time. I guess a year or so ago I pulled up to a stop light and looked in the car next to me and a young girl was at the wheel sitting Indian style texting :small3d007:.

Good to hear you made the save. Never lose concentration!!!

How long has the UK had the law on the books? Do any other European countries have it?

This is the exact reason I always check as I approach and then pass an on ramp. My buds think it's excessive, but had the same thing happen to me a while back. I always clear the on ramps and will even slow down/speed up as I approach to give me a buffer zone in case I have to move.

I have said it a few times on here but it still goes through my head all the time. I guess a year or so ago I pulled up to a stop light and looked in the car next to me and a young girl was at the wheel sitting Indian style texting :small3d007:.

Good to hear you made the save. Never lose concentration!!!

I was following a car that wasn't signalling,was weaving all over the road and braking for no apparent reason.At the first opportunity I pulled out and overtook.While I was passing I looked in the drivers window and saw a young girl
selecting tunes from her I-Pod totally unaware that I was riding alongside her.

Jake so glad your reactions and bike handling were spot on. I'm not sure what it is going to take to get people to put down their cell phones and stop talking and texting while driving. Enough studies have shown that when you use your cell while driving you are impaired. Most studies I have read puts you in the 4 to 5 drinks impaired range. Again glad you made it home hope the shakes end soon. I guess the air horn is a good idea, but I think I'd rather have an automatic weapon mounted on the bars.

Usually against violence, but an automatic weapon would probably have been used if available. :p

Back