free website stats program Clock and miles to empty zero out | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Clock and miles to empty zero out

Hoople,

Yes this has one big 50 amp fuse not the panel of fuses. I did notice last weekend, while while riding with new speedo and testing the functions, when I held the trip switch in for several seconds the Trip-B would not reset. I powered off and restarted; then it worked. I am taking bike in Tuesday and suggesting they look closly at the trip switch and its wireing. I will report progeress as I get it.

I was afraid the new Softail was going to be HD-Lan. It has got to be strange not seeing any fuses except for the one 50 amp. I don't have any HDLan manuals yet, but I have to believe the instruments are the same and require 2 power sources.
Hope you get some accurate detail from the dealership on what's wrong but this stuff is new to them so it may take a couple of tries.

Well the dealer had it for an entire week, don''t know exactly how much time was spent actually working/looking at my bike, or if it was the smartest tech, since it is waranty work and is not very profitable to dealer compared to other work coming in the door, but finally they decided they don't know what the problem is, tech could see a momentary power loss while running bike on the meter but couldn't narrow down the source. All their manuals say if A then go to B etc. until according to manual there is no problem (ooops). They wanted to keep looking; I wanted to ride. I picked up bike to go ride last weekend, and while on a poker run it never lost the time or distance to E, this was with at least 8 stops and restarts as well as riding 176 miles. sooo I am thinking it was either a loose connection that was reassembled tight or there is a broken wire behind a connector that makes contact for a while then builds up some contact resistance and becomes intermittant again. Back to watch and see. I have the extended warranty so I don't think they can wait me out, LOL

Back