free website stats program Clicking when i try to start my Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Clicking when i try to start my Road King

Raggs

I have a 2001 Road King...I tried to jump it off and accidently crossed the cables...The bike still started and I rode all that day... Later that evening I realized that I had no brake lights...The next day I went to start it and I had tail lights but no brake lights, no head lights, no signal lights and my mileage would not show in my speedometer....I also get a clicking in my relays...I gave my battery a charge, replaced my relays and checked to make sure my fuses were ok, but I didn't replace them because they showed to be ok...And im still getting the same thing....Is there a fuse or something somewhere that im missing? Could the starter or ignition be the cause?

welcome to the forum....what did you use to jump your bike Truck? was the other vehicle running?

My vote is the battery. Crossed wires when jumping it probably caused damage.
WAP.gif

Why did you have to jump it to begin with? Sitting a long time, not charging when riding or leave something on?

Hope you get the electrical gremlins fixed, but jumping a bike w/vehicle isn't a good practice. As you can see, problems will surface...especially when cables are crossed.

If your battery is shot you will get clicking from the starter and may or may not get dash light/head lights. Pull the battery out and either replace it or have a load test. You may find its a simple battery change out to fix your problem.

Back