free website stats program clicking noise- advice please | Harley Davidson Forums

clicking noise- advice please

Kathie

Hoping someone can help me. I looked at a 2019 Softail Slim the other day- less then 4000km’s. But while the bike was off I noticed when moved (forward or backwards) there was a clicking noise (Sounded like when I was a kid and we’d put hockey cards in the spokes of our bicycles). I asked the mechanic at the Harley dealership and he said it’s because it was just washed and that the belt is making the noise as the bike is not broke in yet. Is there possible? Has anyone heard of this before or is it something more serious ? I have sat on other new bikes and never heard this noise before.

Not sure if I would fall for that answer, sounds like blowing smoke to make a sale.
I will say that after the dealer replaced my front fender do to they damaged it, that it had a part tag inside the top of the fender and I heard it rub the tire as I spun it to dry the rim, it did make a clicking sound like a card in the spokes.
Maybe look at it again and have them move it forward and back to see if it happens and if it does see what they say about it.

Keep in mind that the salesman's job is to sell that bike to someone!! Whatever it takes on his part is what he will do or say. I think wet belt ranks up there with summer air in the tires!

Back