free website stats program Clearview w/Recurve Ultra Classic? | Harley Davidson Forums

Clearview w/Recurve Ultra Classic?

Rubbit

Ultra Classic on the way this week. Dont want to look through windshield and wondered who has the Clearview Recurve and what you think and your height of the windshield and your height. Looking at the 6.5 or 8inch with recurve. Im 5'8 and look through the stock shield just barely. Any insight/opinions are apprieciated.

I have the 6 1/2 inch recurve model on my FLHX and I love it. I immediately noticed a reduction in head buffeting and better ability to hear the stereo. I'm 6 feet tall and I'm actually thinking about getting an 8 inch version to see if I get further improvement in these areas.

Some easy tips to see which height you want. If your stock shield is tall enough, simply draw some lines at 6 1/2 and 8 with an eraseable marker or use some tape. Then sit on the bike on level pavement and make sure you're looking over the marks or tape. Alternate method would be to take the stock shield off and cut some appropriate sized pieces of cardboard to slip in the fairing slot and do the same test as above.

The Clearview website has imperfect models available immediately but if you custom order one it's a pretty long wait, like 4 to 6 weeks or so.

Doc, thanks for the tips. I have a feelin i will have to go with the 6.5 inch to see over but will check when i pick the bike up. Glad to here you like it, it seems to be the best quality product ive seen and heard about.

Ultra Classic on the way this week. Dont want to look through windshield and wondered who has the Clearview Recurve and what you think and your height of the windshield and your height. Looking at the 6.5 or 8inch with recurve. Im 5'8 and look through the stock shield just barely. Any insight/opinions are apprieciated.

Just asking , but --- you have a Ultra on the way and , according to your avitar, you also have a 09 road glide on order? You state that you are 5'8 and look through the stock shield ---??- of what ???

smitty i totally agree, however, since i already sit looking thru the windshield, i will only sit lower as the miles wear on. dont you think that a lower shield would be good so i can look over it. thats the way i see it. get it. thanks but you are right, let the bike come to you.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes i had a RG on order. My neighbor won a 09 Ultra Classic in a raffle and has a 06 ultra he is trying to sell. I rode his 06 all day on Friday and even though i had ridden a Street Glide before, i could not get over the comfort and the ride. Anyway, slept on it, went to the dealer and made a deal on an 09 Ultra Classic. So i was talking about a windshield on the Ultra Classic because with the stock shield im looking thru it. I hope that clear things up. Thanks

I see your point smitty, not really interested or care about the recurve but either way i will need to get a lower height windshield since like i said i look thru the stock one. So that was why im asking about the clearview and they are suppose to be thicker than the stock hd shield.

I see your point smitty, not really interested or care about the recurve but either way i will need to get a lower height windshield since like i said i look thru the stock one. So that was why im asking about the clearview and they are suppose to be thicker than the stock hd shield.
Why not just cut the one you have?Shave an inch or 2 off the bottom until the desired hieght is reached.

Why not just cut the one you have?Shave an inch or 2 off the bottom until the desired hieght is reached.

I thought about that, but by getting another windshield to just be able to see over, i wont mess up the stock one in case i ever decided to put it back on. Plus everything i read about the Clearview, the optics are excellent and being 1/8 inch thick, there stronger and dont shake.

Back