free website stats program Clearview Shields new design for 2014 Ultra Limited | Harley Davidson Forums

Clearview Shields new design for 2014 Ultra Limited

Maynard_CNS

I traded my 2006 Ultra in on the 2014 Ultra Limited, which rides so much better, but soon got my first gripe. The stock windshield seemed to provide plenty of wind protection for the rider, but my passenger was getting a lot more wind than she noticed before. Bottom line, my wife was less than pleased with the new ride!

I had purchased a Clearview Shield smoke recurve for my 2006 and we both found it to be a great improvement over the stock Harley windshield. Describing my problem and hoping to gain some relief for my passenger, Craig offered a new option, which was the "large smoke ultimate recurve". Craig had stated that this new design was a little wider, extending past the fairing mount, which very well may provide the additional windbreak we were looking for. I have to admit, I was a little concerned how this new windshield would look on the bike.

Once I received the windshield and installed it on the bike, I was very pleased with the look. I am 6'2" and sit fairly tall in the seat, which had me looking well over the stock windshield. We immediately took the bike for a spin and was greatly surprised. I had no problem seeing over and around the windshield, though with the 'smoke' tint it is easily seen through also. The best selling point was how pleased my wife was with the reduction of wind on her, which let her settle in and enjoy the other comforts the new bike afforded her. We left the next morning for a 700 mile weekend trip and she spent the first hour texting many of our friends telling them they needed to make a call to Clearview Shields to buy this new shield.

Attachments

• IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2815.jpg
    IMG_2815.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2817.jpg
    IMG_2817.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2822.jpg
    IMG_2822.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 78
Same concept as the Clark's shield I put on my Street Glide. I wanted the extra width so the speakers would sound better not getting the sound waves mixed with turbulent airflow. Works like a charm!

Custom FLHT Windshields

That looks really nice on your Bike,my question is. Will it fit on the Older (2012) Ultra Limited's

Clearview's website only shows the extra wide, Ultra Recurve available for 2014 models.

Pretty sure Clark's can help you since I got one for a 2008 FLHX.

Ill check them out,,
WAP.gif

Harley just came out with a Wind Splitter 10" light smoke windshield that extends out part#57400092 . My friend just put one on his 11 limited & likes it . List price $169.00 + tax .

Back