free website stats program clearing codes 02 ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

clearing codes 02 ultra

trickydoc

is there anyway to clear the a code? we have fixed the problem but we cannot clear the code. will it have to go back to the dealer?

is there anyway to clear the a code? we have fixed the problem but we cannot clear the code. will it have to go back to the dealer?

What have you done to try & clear it? Should be able to do so with the trip reset button or the 50 on/off starts.

Best I could find for you on a search was 50 start and run 30 sec or a scan tool, a trick that works on automotive is disconect the battery for 5 min. the ecm has no power source of its own and drops the codes.

If the code is displayed on your odometer, you hold the reset button down for 5 secs while the code is displayed and it should clear. At least it did on my 2006 RK.

If the code is displayed on your odometer, you hold the reset button down for 5 secs while the code is displayed and it should clear. At least it did on my 2006 RK.

I think this only works on the Delphi EFI system, the only way I found on the MM EFI is with a scanner or after 50 restarts once it's a historical code.

As long as it is a historic code (only on for a bit when you first start the engine) and not a continuing problem, ignore it. As long as you have fixed whatever was wrong, or it is just one of those "transients" (whatever those are!!), it goes away before you realize.

TQ

Back