clear view

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by chuck60, Nov 8, 2011.

1. chuck60

chuck60 Active Member

After 5 days of riding my new FLHX with the Harley wind splitter, windshield, I had to order a clear view 9.5 windshield, Harley's wind splitter windshield has got to be the worst one on the market. It is so distorted, on the times you have to look through it, it is dangerous, I have high hopes for the clear view.

2. Rich2010

Rich2010 Member

I have a Clearview on my 2010 Flstf, Fatboy and I love it. That twist at the top has made a big difference. I’ll never settle for anything other than a Clearview again.

3. ronhend

ronhend Member

I have 2 clearview windshields for my Ultra.
    One 9.5 tinted and a 12" untinted.
    Love them both.

Ron
    [​IMG]

4. DanDolfn

DanDolfn Member

I got a Clearview for my Road King.

It doesn't shake at idle like the stock windshield did and it reduced the buffeting.

5. HDSickness

HDSickness Banned

Aren't you supposed to look over the top of the windshield not through it.

6. Jim B.

Jim B. Junior Member

I have a Clearview windshield on my 09 Road Glide and my 05 Goldwing. Both of them have the built-in vent, which really helps on hot summer days. I love them both.

7. bobbeidel

bobbeidel Active Member

The Clearview shields are also thicker than most others. I think it's about 3/16". I love my Clearview shield. 12" on 09 Road Glide. I'm 5'10" tall!

8. Bgdv1

Bgdv1 Member

i had a klock works 8" and hated it and went to the HD wind splitter and love it. im 6'1" so i guess its all a matter of preference or what works for you. just (EDIT) when you have to lay out cash for stuff that doesnt work :newsmile055:till you hit on what does.but guess that goes along with ownin a HD and personalizing it as your bike :D

[note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
  9. HarryB737

HarryB737 Junior Member

Love my Clearview Shield w/recurve and so does my wife as she is now in the bubble of little wind turbulance.... :D

10. onepointman

onepointman Member

I did not find Clearview when I was shopping for a better solution after my experience with the Klockwerks shield. I did not like the Klockwerks and replaced it with a Long Riders windshield. It has been excellent.

Long Ride Shields - Flip-Up Harley Windshields

Good price and fast shipping too. Just another option for ya... :eek:)