free website stats program Cleaning | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning

I use turtle wash/ wax and hose off without a nozzle to prevent water spots. When its really dirty I use Gumout foamy engine cleaner underneath. I use a leaf blower to dry it off. Kit carnuba wax or mguiers synthetic depending on my mood. I use 50% water ad 50% white vinegar mix for my chrome, it does a fabulous job and no streaking.

When I had more leather on my old Fatboy I used Kiwi Scuff Magic shoe polish in the bottle ( with dobber) to make all my leather look brand new again.

Kiwi works great on tire sidewalls too, not slippery and stays on for a lot of washings.

As usuual, many sound a bit as if they're washing with a one-step method, which is tantamount to putting sandpaper to the bike. I begin with a soakdown, then a blast-off with the hose, and follow up with bike wash in a deep bucket, occasionally rinsing out the fleece pad with the hose before returning it to the soap bucket.
I NEVER wipe my bike with a dry rag, aside of using it as a feather duster, that is exactly what I use prior to a quick pledge buff.
Wiping hard with a rag will push a grain of sand or splinter into the paint or chrome way before simply lightly 'whisking' the rag around. We want our soaps and chemicals to work for US, not us work for THEM.

Back