free website stats program Cleaning | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning

Instead of drying the bike off by wiping. I use an electric leaf blower so as to not inadvertently scratch the paint. Turltlewax Ice is good, simichrome, never dull, pig spit, s100 has great products.

+ 1 on good ole dishwashing detergent like Dawn..etc, followed by liberal amounts of Pledge. On the seat, saddlebags, tank trim, I use a leather conditioning balm with lanolin.

For real dirty stuff like the wheels after being caught in the mud, rain, I have used S100 total cycle cleaner, caution here, not to be used on a warm bike and rinse very well.

For the chrome I use windex. The paint I use S100. Be sure to wear rubber gloves because if you have any cuts/scrapes it will burn. And for the wax I use the Harley touch up wax. Boy does that smell good. Wonder if Harley will ever make a colgne with that smell.:59:

Just got done washing off 2 weeks of rain and sand , and Pledge to top her off, It will probably rain again tomorrow :p

I like S-100 to clean the paint and chrome, Mothers Tire and Wheel Cleaner on the laced wheels, and Plexus on the windshield.

Used pledge,autoglym,and turtle wax...best for me for protection,and deep gloss ,is a waterless wash/wax,like Hogswipe,or similar with the carnuba wax in it,used with a microfiber cloth .Works great on chrome,and paintwork.For the black parts of my motor,I use "back to black" Like I said,so far for a lasting shine,stuff like Hogswipe is the way to go as far as I am concerned.

Dawn dish dtergent is a very strong cleaner and will strip off any wax that you have applied. It is a little to harsh to use often on your paint. I would get a soap made for cars or bikes that wont strip off wax.Many are available then wax with a good quality product. I like Zaino.

I wash using Harleys sun dry soap and towel dry. After I use "Protect All" on paint, leather and chrome. Sprays on and buff until it shines. Last I use plexius on my windshield, sprays on and buff until clear. Then I ride and get it dirty so I can do it all over again at the end of the week. :wall

Back