Cleaning Rocker Covers

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by kmoore, Nov 9, 2008.

1. kmoore

kmoore New Member

I have a 08 Road King. How do you clean the rocker covers? I can't get my hand between the gas tank and the top of the rocker cover to clean the chrome.
    Thanks for any input,
    Ken Moore

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I guess you could remove the gas tank if you were doing a real thorough detailing job and wanted to get at the top of the engine.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Hobbit has the right idea.

I use a paint stirring stick with a T shirt wrapped around it and some pledge on it, fits right in there.

4. doc_63

doc_63 Active Member

Glider...I see you are a Pledge fan. My sister and Brother In Law use it religiously. There bikes shine as nice as any I've seen. And they love the fresh lemony smell too. I gotta try it.

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Got to try it Doc. I've been using it for as long as I can remember and everyone says that my bikes shine like new.

6. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

Hey Glider,,what made you start using Pledge in the beginning? curiosity,or heard about it from someone else?

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Figured I would give it a try being it's used on furniture and painted surfaces, how bad could it be?

8. encorebilly

encorebilly Member

Don't like the streaks with pledge.And yes you can get them out if you really polish.I can look at angle in the sun or light and see the streaks,unless you polish really well.

9. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

Buff it with a clean micro fiber cloth, no streaks. :)

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

You're using it too heavy. Never had a problem with streaking when used lightly.