free website stats program Cleaning inside Headlight Lens assembly ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning inside Headlight Lens assembly ?

HarryB737

One of my riding buddies has an 2000 UC that has developed a milky white coating on the inside of his headlight lens assembly. The only opening to try to clean it is thru the bulb opening in the rear. What kind of methods of cleaning this inside glass have you come up with ? Any good liquids to swish around inside there ? Thanks for the comments...

My headlight was like that when I bought it. Stuff was stuck pretty good. I took a 6 inch square of old towel and stuck it through the lamp opening, then added water and pushed it around with a wood dowel. Used needle nose pliers to get the towel out. Rinse and dry. Clean as new.

Spray in some Simple Green. Then let run off. I would rinse with some water after that and then park it in the sun or blow it dry with a hair dryer.

had the same issue with a Ducati headlight on a bike I had and used the same methods including the stuffing of a clean rag in to wipe the surface. I think it is like the interior of your car windows as the plastics (I assume the reflector and some parts are plastic, no?) and air interact to form the film with the heat of the builb in that closed space. It may return but should take a while...

On a side note I FINALLY get to pick up my bike tomorrow...WOOHOO!

Phil

Back