free website stats program Cleaning Harleys | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning Harleys

He forgot the Pledge
Pledge013.jpg

Well I have made a promise to every bike I have ever owned to never let those girls in bikinis come near my rides. This guy has a technique far worse than those young girls do and he is far from pleasant in the looks category. But you have to admit the girls in their bikinis are far more entertaining when they wash other people's rides. :D

Ha-ha-ha, good answer. Anybody got a light...poof!
No high pressure washer and no gasoline, I remove my saddlebags, seat and any luggage before washing. Can't believe they left out blow drying.

Yes absolutely must remove the bags to get a good job on it. I have to unbolt mine but can't get it clean everywhere unless I do.

Thats the guy that cleans bikes at your local harley shop.:D

Yep, I've seen him at doing the rentals during Bike Week. With his boss eyeing him with that 'time is money look'.

He forgot the Pledge

Ha, guess he never met glider. I've go to go get a can tomorrow, the bugs trashed my bike, my vest and my helmet today on a PGR ride. Love bugs if anyone lives in Florida this time of year will know what I mean.

.... ... ... .. But you have to admit the girls in their bikinis are far more entertaining when they wash other people's rides. :D

Yes I always thought so, never could convince my wife though.

I cant believe I just wasted 4.42 minutes of my life watching that..

Honestly, the worst thing is he makes money washing a bike this way..."--at the expense of his customers' repair bills which he never sees or takes liability for!" If he did, he would have been out of business a long time ago. :bigsmiley21:

It doesn't surprise me that there are people like that out there. What does amaze me is that they broadcast their ignorance to the world. :bigsmiley21:

to paraphrase Mark Twain: It's better to be silent and be thought a fool than to post your stupidity on U-Tube.

Welcome to today's world.....................

Bodeen

Well I have made a promise to every bike I have ever owned to never let those girls in bikinis come near my rides. This guy has a technique far worse than those young girls do and he is far from pleasant in the looks category. But you have to admit the girls in their bikinis are far more entertaining when they wash other people's rides. :D

At least with the girls in bikini's your expectations on the final product are pretty low............

Bodeen

Last edited by a moderator:
Only Girl I want anywhere near my ride is my wife and I know she aint washing it.
I hose it off spray it down with S100 bulk hose it off if it is real dirty I use s soft clean micro cloth with plenty of soap.
Dry it if there is time a light wipe down with Pledge and ride.
Couple time a year I polish and or wax it up good.
Some how I could never do the Bikini bike wash thing, Tough in the back of my mind was always how would my wife feel about that. Just me fine for others.

Back