free website stats program Cleaning Fatboy wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning Fatboy wheels

Jeno'

I have the solid Fatboy wheels and I'm trying to find a way to make them shine again. What's everyone using out there?????

If they are cast aluminum, try barkeepers friend, just be sure you rinse them very well. The active ingredient is oxalic acid and removes the aluminum oxide tarnish. If the wheels have a clear coat don't use this product it will remove the clear coat. Follow with good metal polish or a Teflon sealant like Dupont granite polish. I used to do this on my bike before I replaced the wheels with cast chrome.

Best solution is to pull the wheel and have it plated or powder coated. No matter what you do to that aluminum, it will always be a maintenance issue, difficult to clean and will never look like you want it to.;)

Best solution is to pull the wheel and have it plated or powder coated. No matter what you do to that aluminum, it will always be a maintenance issue, difficult to clean and will never look like you want it to.;)

The reason I upgrade to cast chrome

I think you're right I like the powder coating idea . in the off-season I think I'll have that done thank you .

Back