free website stats program Cleaning bottom | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning bottom

I have found a way to change the filter and get no oil on the bike using a 2 liter bottle. Works for me and no clean up. Leaving the cap on cut the bottle in half and just slide it under the filter. I change the filter first as to give it time to drain. Leave the filter in the bottle and remove the bottle. See no more oil running down the front of the engine or dripping on the floor. It takes a Little time to learn to cut the bottle just right. Coke bottles seem to work the best but any bottle will do.

Just one more thing to add here, the silver color on some for the bikes verses the black color is paint. The black is powder coat. If you want to test the silver, take some brake clean on a rag and rub the engine in an area where it can't be seen and watch the rag turn silver.:s

I have found a way to change the filter and get no oil on the bike using a 2 liter bottle. Works for me and no clean up. Leaving the cap on cut the bottle in half and just slide it under the filter. I change the filter first as to give it time to drain. Leave the filter in the bottle and remove the bottle. See no more oil running down the front of the engine or dripping on the floor. It takes a Little time to learn to cut the bottle just right. Coke bottles seem to work the best but any bottle will do.

I use a trimmed up cranberry juice bottle (more healthy ha-ha!) and yes if you don't make a mess there is certainly less to clean up. :D In the early days I used GUNK Engine Brite to keep things clean, but Simple Green seems to be more popular these days, and supposed to be "more" environmentally correct, than diluted water soluable petroleum based solvent that GUNK is...:coffee

DSCN0789-1.jpg

Back