free website stats program Cleaning Aluminum Wheels | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning Aluminum Wheels

great information on the alumium polish, i to have just tried the mothers aluminum polish in squeeze tube, it does not work that good, but the mothers polish in the can is awesome, with alot of elbow grease, i havent tried the powerball yet.

Off topic a bit but thank you for these answers I will try neverdul and the powerball. Found this by mistake but if you want to clean the burnt boot marks off of your pipes, use carb cleaner in an aerosol can works great. just rub it off seconds after you spray it on.

I use eagle one mag cleaner for aluminum wheels. Eagle one has two etching acids in it. They foam up white and just blast it with the garden hose to wash it off. It will not hurt your paint or chrome! It will turn the aluminum almost white in color. I then use Zephyr PRO-40 METAL POLISH. This is way easier that mothers polish. You can apply it in the AZ sun and walk away from it. Dries just like mothers, But isnt a mother to remove. It just wipes off. Leaves aluminum looking like triple plated chrome.

zoood

I used autosol, comes in a tube or a tin, good for buffing out the little grey oxidation marks on my rims, and on the lower fork legs I used a 3M scotchbrite wheel on a drill with autosol to take off all of the lacquer. Comes up with a mirror finish, then just needs a quick polish every now and then.

Meguires Blue Magic works very well but if you don't have a powerball, you are going to have to put some elbow grease behind it. I also suggest the job (which is really a pain) is easier if you put the bike on a lift.

Back