Cleaning Aluminum Wheels

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by BANTSTER, Jun 12, 2009.

1. BANTSTER

BANTSTER Member

Having some trouble getting my rims clean ,Have tried a few products , but just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for those tough stains! Thanx in advance

2. dhorne

dhorne Active Member

Have you tried Eagle one neverdul or mothers aluminum polish , these two work for me , it depends how far gone they are

3. ktorian

ktorian Member

Try mothers powerball mini. Works better than anything else I have tried.

4. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

I have had good luck with the S100 polish, the stuff in a toothpaste tube. I bought an old (1981) Virago for my wife as her first bike. I took the wheels off, got after them with a mild abrasive Scotchbright pad and a drill. Then polished them up with the S100, they look new.

5. dhorne

dhorne Active Member

if you let the mothers dry by mistake the neverdul will take it off with ease

6. BANTSTER

BANTSTER Member

Thanx guys for the advice! I,m sure i,ll get them clean now:D

7. Irish Hog

Irish Hog Junior Member

I know myself I just use pledge on all the chrome and aluminum. I had some pitting on my rear pulley cover and with some Pledge and elbow grease, I got it all out. Mothers also has a little can of mag and aluminum polish, I bought a can of it and I would recommend it, but I don't think they recommend it for chrome, but don't quote me on that.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  8. Jubal

Jubal Member

I have been looking for this answer for some time on the net up to now have found this post Thanks a lot guys.:hii

9. latman19

latman19 New Member

ive tried everything i have found a miracle cleaner.maas aluminum cleaner it comes in a tube like tooth paste $8.00 a tube works alot better than mothers or neverdull.when the wheels get real bad you may have to use 000 steel wool with cleaner but works great and easy to use

10. rj_harley

rj_harley Member

I always use Belgom Alu for maintenance of my rims. On one of my old bikes i used very fine steelwool to clean them. the problem with that is, that the rims turn dull in a matter of days.