free website stats program Cleaning Aluminum Wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning Aluminum Wheels

BANTSTER

Having some trouble getting my rims clean ,Have tried a few products , but just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for those tough stains! Thanx in advance

Have you tried Eagle one neverdul or mothers aluminum polish , these two work for me , it depends how far gone they are

I have had good luck with the S100 polish, the stuff in a toothpaste tube. I bought an old (1981) Virago for my wife as her first bike. I took the wheels off, got after them with a mild abrasive Scotchbright pad and a drill. Then polished them up with the S100, they look new.

I know myself I just use pledge on all the chrome and aluminum. I had some pitting on my rear pulley cover and with some Pledge and elbow grease, I got it all out. Mothers also has a little can of mag and aluminum polish, I bought a can of it and I would recommend it, but I don't think they recommend it for chrome, but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
I have been looking for this answer for some time on the net up to now have found this post Thanks a lot guys.:hii

ive tried everything i have found a miracle cleaner.maas aluminum cleaner it comes in a tube like tooth paste $8.00 a tube works alot better than mothers or neverdull.when the wheels get real bad you may have to use 000 steel wool with cleaner but works great and easy to use

I always use Belgom Alu for maintenance of my rims. On one of my old bikes i used very fine steelwool to clean them. the problem with that is, that the rims turn dull in a matter of days.

Back