free website stats program CKP MINI DEUTSCH Connector * HELP* | Harley Davidson Forums

CKP MINI DEUTSCH Connector * HELP*

MrSleepy

I'm in the process of changing the Crank Sensor on my 2000 roadking everything was goin great till I got to the place where the wires go into the Mini Deutsch connector.. My problem is I don't know how to remove the wire's and don't want to tear it up.. I searched the help section, and didn't find anything on this subject.. thanks in advance for your help.. Tom

Found this online. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Connectors Mini Deutsch and more.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
I use a small torch tip cleaner to release the pins in the connector.You will see the area beside the pins,just put the tip cleaner in push it towards the pin and pull on the pin.

thats for the info.. I'm goin to get started back on it in the morning bright and early. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I started my day last night about 10 oClock and I am whooped.. good nite.

The trick is to determine which side the "tang" is located (top/bottom) & get a small pin/wire in there to release. I use a heavy safety pin or large paperclip...something rigid enough so it doesn't bend while pressing the tang. Then you just pull the wires back. also, works to take a pic of connector/wire positions "before" dismantling...want to get everything back in correct location(s). Good luck!

This is tough.. I've been trying for a hour to get it apart. still no luck. we will keep on trying.

there two little holes right beside the pins is this where I need to try and release the tang. ?

Thanks for the help. I got it.. here's how.. in the above document page 7 top illustration.. take a pair of needle nose plyers and pull out #6. Locking wedge. Then take a small flashlight, and you will see the plasic latch that holds the wire, Just take a small tip screw driver and pry and the wire will come out. Thanks again for all the help..

Thanks for the help. I got it.. here's how.. in the above document page 7 top illustration.. take a pair of needle nose plyers and pull out #6. Locking wedge. Then take a small flashlight, and you will see the plasic latch that holds the wire, Just take a small tip screw driver and pry and the wire will come out. Thanks again for all the help..

Glad it worked out for you.:bigsmiley12::bigsmiley12:

Back