free website stats program Circuit breakers | Harley Davidson Forums

Circuit breakers

Jonk777

Starting issues

On my bike, I check the fluids and battery and I have a volt gauge on it. The bike crank up good. I let it warm up at about half choke for about three to four minutes, I check the volt gauge was in the first green where the idle was around 900 rpm,s. I took off easy getting it warmed up some more. I rode about 30 miles and as I started to take off and get up to around 40 mph, the bike just stop running. It was no knock or jerking in the motor. I pulled in a safe spot and noticed that the lights were still on and the volt gauge with the switch on was still in range. Check carb, was getting fuel.As I turned it over all it did was spin, not catching. I know bike had new battery,stator and voltage regulator put in last year. Havent got a chance to do any more technical dia on it.

Re: Starting issues

1990 FXR, so crank or cam position sensors, so pull a plug (or stick an old one in the wire) ground it, and check for spark.

Re: Starting issues

HD91FLHT010.gif

Do as Pete says
If you have NO spark chances are good #47 is bad check the wires coming out of the cone for burns and melting, se if you have power on both sidesxof the coil

I happen to look at the circuit breakers. All of them showed a postive except one of them. It was the one where the battery wire hooks up to. I am going to try that. Even with the lights ang ignition showing power to it. Would that one circuit from the battery cause the lights to still on. I think the one I am replacing is the main one?

I happen to look at the circuit breakers. All of them showed a postive except one of them. It was the one where the battery wire hooks up to. I am going to try that. Even with the lights ang ignition showing power to it. Would that one circuit from the battery cause the lights to still on. I think the one I am replacing is the main one?
What i am saying is the breaker that i am replacing should make the bike run instead of just cranking.

Start at the beginning and tell us what problem you are having, your symptoms, what you've tried so far, etc.

Back