free website stats program Cigars | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cigars

Kennedy is right on, depends on the cigar. It will take about 7-10 days to get here Jack. Thanks
Ken

I've been smoking Acid's from Drew Estate lately, mostly Kuba Kuba's, but other as well. Great cigars. I may smoke two a month.

Actually, everyone is entitled to an opinion and we are living in America...where the oppressed came to get away from the oppressors...many people say the same about motorcycles or cats...LOL...David, my younger son in law up in NoCal thinks the same way, and promptly sold my old cigar humidore after I got a larger one...still enjoy my cigars with my "other" son in law out in AZ.

Speaking of cigars and nurses:

At my last checkup, everything is great: HDL, LDL, blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Now, I am standing on the scale when this happens and the nurse is behind me:

N: 238 lbs and you are 6' 4".
Me: Yep.
N: Do you exercise?
Me: Yes. I typically run 4-5 days a week for a total range of 15-20 miles and go to the gym to lift 1-2 times a week.
N: Do you smoke?
Me: A few cigars a year. Probably 20 max.
N: You know you should stop smoking and you have a BMI of 29. You need to take off some weght. A BMI of 29 is overweight, you need to get to a BMI of 25.
Me: Uh.....Ok....

This coming from a nurse that was 5'5" and every bit of 180 lbs.
(I can see my abs and this woman is blindly barking out suggestions. I would have to lose 30 lbs to get to a BMI of 25. Not gonna happen and nor am I giving up cigars or a fine alcoholic beverage.)

Banning smoking sounds like a good idea, but what happens in the interest of health, if they penalize being overweight? Don't laugh. Already in around the world, overweight people have been denied hip and knee replacements under socialized medicine because it was deemed a waste of resources (they are considered a health risk, and the replacements wear out quicker.)
The lines get more blurry every day. You may not like cigar smoke and I am not saying that smoking is good for your health, but the same argument could be made that riding a motorcycle is risky due to higher medical bills from accidents. It is cheaper and more healthy for you ride in a car or take public transportation.

Latest studies prove that living will kill you. No one gets out of here alive!
Smoke up and Ride ON!

N: You know you should stop smoking and you have a BMI of 29. You need to take off some weght. A BMI of 29 is overweight, you need to get to a BMI of 25.

The BMI is pretty much a joke. It only looks at height and weight and doesn't consider how much of that weight is muscle. Take some NFL player who is 6' 4" like you, weighs 260 pounds, and has 5% body fat. Same nurse blindly applying the BMI numbers would tell him he's obese!

Porter, I hear you and understand you and I am going to keep on puffing them cigars when they show up and bonus every so often a good jug of 18 or 20 year old hotch shows up for my pleasure.
Kemo

Kennedy is right on, depends on the cigar. It will take about 7-10 days to get here Jack. Thanks
Ken

No problem Ken, I hope you will enjoy them They Stink Good LOL:D

The BMI is pretty much a joke. It only looks at height and weight and doesn't consider how much of that weight is muscle. Take some NFL player who is 6' 4" like you, weighs 260 pounds, and has 5% body fat. Same nurse blindly applying the BMI numbers would tell him he's obese!

Oh, I know BMI is a joke....that statement coming from her was a riot though!

The issue is quality vs. quantity of life. Find the balance for you.

Back