free website stats program Cigarette outlet vs. hard wiring | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cigarette outlet vs. hard wiring

I know this post is a little late, but removing the tank all together off an 09 Ultra is very EZ. I know, after doing it about 4 times when I thought I had bad gas. If you just need to raise it disconnect the fuel line as said earlier. Not hard at all. If you have a service manual it is very clear. 10 minutes and it is off.:)

Thanks Biglew55 and Glider. I couldn't find the same double spade taps as you used, but made due with a fuse tap and spread out the female connector a bit with a screwdriver. We're Rockin' now! Once I get a few more posts under my belt, I can upload some pictures of the result.

Hope I ain't beating this horse to death but, I seem to be stuck. I have a 2006 Road King Classic, fuel injected. I picked up a cig lighter from my HD dealer. The directions say there is a junction box in front of the battery. There ain't. Seems I remember this bike being different electrically for some reason. I found a plug hanging down below the battery that accepts the plug from the lighter wiring harness. When I checked this with the meter, the polarity was reversed. It also reads in the lower 11 to high 10 volt range. It is powered off the ignition, (switch has to be on run, and will not power up in accessories).

I would like to use this plug if possible. The only thing I would be running is a GPS and occasionally a cell phone to charge. Talked to the dealer but they won't give any info unless I make an appointment and $$$. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Can I use that plug or should I just run it off the battery with an in line fuse?

... I found a plug hanging down below the battery that accepts the plug from the lighter wiring harness. When I checked this with the meter, the polarity was reversed. It also reads in the lower 11 to high 10 volt range. It is powered off the ignition, (switch has to be on run, and will not power up in accessories).

I would like to use this plug if possible. The only thing I would be running is a GPS and occasionally a cell phone to charge. Talked to the dealer but they won't give any info unless I make an appointment and $$$. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Can I use that plug or should I just run it off the battery with an in line fuse?

Welcome Lawdog to HDTimeline, and thank you for the visit, lots of good stuff here. BTW, it looks like you found the correct acc plug, (the buried one)...please advise if the link below helps, happy hunting, as we have all been there:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/electrical_and_lighting_systems/4483-accessory_connector_plug.html

Just make sure you have the correct plug. There is a data link connector that looks similar to the accessory plug.

Back