free website stats program Cigarette lighter | Harley Davidson Forums

Cigarette lighter

JcfMas

I just recently bought a 2014 street glide special,I have yet to find a lighter on it,where is it,there is an outlet on the right side but just a plug in it,is that it?

Should be on the lower right side of the inner fairing....just below where the handle bar curves and enters the ignition switch panel cover. You can pick one up from your dealer with the rubber boot that helps keep moisture out from rain/washing. It's a replacement for the 12v power port that comes on the newer bikes now. $29.95...p/n is 69200605.

Last edited:
The outlet on the right side is a12v power port only.You will have to buy a cigarette lighter adapter to make it a lighter.

My 2013 Road Glide has one on the LEFT side of the front Faring, with a cigarette lighter in it. Perhaps the previous owner of your bike disposed of the cigarette lighter so he/she could plug in an accessory? Your local dealer, or even an auto parts store should be able to sell you a lighter. They are "one size fits all."

My 2013 Road Glide has one on the LEFT side of the front Faring, with a cigarette lighter in it. Perhaps the previous owner of your bike disposed of the cigarette lighter so he/she could plug in an accessory? Your local dealer, or even an auto parts store should be able to sell you a lighter. They are "one size fits all."

Unfortunately if it's a power port as some of the newer bikes are shipping with, a standard car lighter won't click and hold while heating up as the power ports don't have the detention springs that hold the lighter and some are deeper sockets that the element won't even make contact. And....since it's now on the throttle side, holding it in if it did work isn't a viable solution....hence why they now make the "kit" I referenced in my earlier post. Even then, I'd prefer if it had remained on the left side...that's where I like my Smartphone/GPS mounted anyway.

Back