free website stats program Cigarette lighter fuse which one? | Harley Davidson Forums

Cigarette lighter fuse which one?

martywild

Hello

I am trying to find out what fuse works the cigarette lighter in an 09 Glide, there appears to be no power runnig through the socket, i have checked and the lighter works, but nothing I have, tells me which fuse supports it.

Also should the accessory switch light up when turned on, there is nothing connected to the plug.

Couod it be this is one and the same problem

Marty

Do you have access to the owners manual or service manual fuse block diagram that identifies what they power...this one is for a newer 2008-2009:

FLHX08FUSEBOX.jpg

I have the handbook, it does not identify a fuse for the cigarette lighter, just the accessory plug, not sure if they are all under the same fuse

I have the handbook, it does not identify a fuse for the cigarette lighter, just the accessory plug, not sure if they are all under the same fuse

If the HD dealer installed it properly, they would have used the HD Y Accessory Mutli-Fit to branch off the existing/available accessory plug. Then hard wire a covered accessory plug like the HD Touring model one (it has spade lugs entry connectors and not use the 4 pin Deutch connector wire harness.

An alternative is they used the Touring Bike HD 12V Accessory plug w/ Deutsch connector and wired to available pins using Deutsch Y adapter plug or pin insertion/removal connector tool fabricate clean installation that minimize splicing...one would hope anyway.

Hello

I am trying to find out what fuse works the cigarette lighter in an 09 Glide, there appears to be no power runnig through the socket, i have checked and the lighter works, but nothing I have, tells me which fuse supports it.

Also should the accessory switch light up when turned on, there is nothing connected to the plug.

Couod it be this is one and the same problem

Marty

On a 08 Ultra it was fuse 3 or 4 (can't remember for sure, I've slept since then) in the above diagram that has the cigarette lighter on it.

Back