free website stats program chubby handlebar change on fat boy | Harley Davidson Forums

chubby handlebar change on fat boy

tucks

im looking to put 39inch wide bars on my fatboy could anyone tell me if its straight foward enouh and will i have enough cable slack?thankyou

The best way to know for sure is unfortunately to buy the bars first, install them, and then see if your cables will fit. Then, if needed, you can measure your set up and order the +length cables for exactly the length you need, then there's no guessing and your parts will fit nicely. Unless someone else did the exact same swap and has the part numbers, I would do the above.

I just replaced my fatboy bars with 34 1/2" wide chubbys { installed wires internally }. It seemed like it was going to be to close to call as to the wires being long enough, and since I didn't want to have to pull the tank every time I removed the bars, I installed deustch connecters behind the fork tin so I can just disconnect the bars and remove them. I bought new switchs with wiring that was plenty long enough to cut where I needed. I would have to say the wires definitely won't work for 39" bars but you never know til you try!

Back