free website stats program Chroming a blacked out bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Chroming a blacked out bike

Nubwagon

Banned
I'm not one to rant & complain, but I just gotta get this off my chest & ask the question...

Why in God's name would anyone in their right mind take a bike that is originally blacked out and chrome the (EDIT) out of it?!!?

I've seen many bikes whose owners do this. Why? If you want to make a chromed out bike, buy the model either with a bit of chrome or with the silver and make it chrome. Some example models are Softail Standard, Super Glide (or Super Glide sport), and a 1200C.

The blacked out models are designed to be just that. Now I'm not talking about COMPLETELY blacking out EVERYTHING. In my opinion, a nice balance of black & chrome makes the bike super sharp. But taking a blacked out bike and chroming it all out is just plain wrong IMO.

Now I know they'll be replies stating "Well, it's my/their bike and I/they can do whatever I/they want to it..." blah blah. Yes, this is true and I cannot dispute that (nor would I ever try to). I would just like to know the thought process behind this.

Thanks & my apologies if I offend anyone. It is not my intention to do so.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
To each his own. That's why we buy Harley's. To do what we want to them and make them our own. That's like me and my FatBob. If I went and bought bags for mine, are you then going to say, why didn't you just buy a bagger? I bought a Harley so I can change what I want, when I want, with what I want and then I'll want some more. No offense taken.

To each his own. That's why we buy Harley's. To do what we want to them and make them our own. That's like me and my FatBob. If I went and bought bags for mine, are you then going to say, why didn't you just buy a bagger? I bought a Harley so I can change what I want, when I want, with what I want and then I'll want some more. No offense taken.

Exactly..........

How many people do you know that ride HD's and left them alone. I don't know anyone like that. Sometimes you just want to add that one part, but then we all know what happens. You start out liking it all blacked out, then change you mind....

or the other way around

"And the only reason we do it is because we can." The main reason I go to bike meets and chapter meeting, is to see the different ideas and options people have taken their Harley's. Unless it's stock, you probably won't find two Harley's setup the same. That's what make owning a Harley special. It's your own and nobody else has this chrome piece or painted that piece or have these pipes with this seat and grips. Once you purchase your stock Harley, take a picture, because next week it will look different.

Back