free website stats program Chrome | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome

Most all of my bike is chrome and Ive been tossing around of trying to trade it for black...

I live close to the coast in FLA. chrome is the enemy here. Cant keep it looking good with anything. The salt spray off the Atlantic is to much for it. cool2see has the right idea of going to black. I believe that the days of good chrome are over as the EPA is dictating the rules as far as the process goes. Heck they wont even let us build foam surfboards anymore!

Bodeen

I live close to the coast in FLA. chrome is the enemy here. Cant keep it looking good with anything. The salt spray off the Atlantic is to much for it. cool2see has the right idea of going to black. I believe that the days of good chrome are over as the EPA is dictating the rules as far as the process goes. Heck they wont even let us build foam surfboards anymore!

Bodeen

EPA and hazardous materials involved in plating, no wonder it does not hold up, and you are correct about the salt air Bodeen, I am 20 miles in from the coast and I have corrosion

I agree that HD chrome is good but expensive. I have had good luck with Kuryakyn and Custom Chrome as alternates and have a mix of all three. No problems sofar with corrosion, but I have had the softy only about 1 1/2 years. It lives in the garage when I'm not on it

Back