free website stats program chrome wheel | Harley Davidson Forums

chrome wheel

HOLY DIVER

ok my deuce i just traded for has a solid rear wheel (stock) that has been chrome plated.......the chrome is flaking off.i have the original wheel that came factory on the bike so i'm going to change it out.my question is what to do with a chrome deuce rear wheel that looks horrible? sell it on ebay for $50?or find a chrome shop that does quality work and have it refinished,i like the idea of a chrome rear wheel much easier to keep clean but i'm not crazy about sinking a ton of cash into this rear wheel to have it re chromed by someone who knows what there doing(who ever done it the first time was terrible)opinions please :wall

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several chrome exchange shops out there. Do a goggle search; some specialize in Deuce rims. Give them a shout, chrome is a lot easier to keep clean than a stock cast aluminum one. Send yours, they will send one back. I should know I had a Deuce for 3 years….:D

Metallic silver looked terrible when I painted mine that color. You can give it to make so I can get it plated and put on mine.

Back