free website stats program chrome switch covers | Harley Davidson Forums

chrome switch covers

I did. Not hard job at all. But be very careful when changing the right one. The placement of the recommend piece of cardboard or something to protect the brake light switch is CRITICAL. Otherwise, you will damage the rubber protector of that switch and your rear brake light will be permanently on. Learning from my own errors.
WAP.gif

yeah I,ve done it, get,s a bit tough if you,ve got big clumsy hands. Watch for the shim in the brake side one. Make sure it,s reinstalled. Ask me how I know.:bigsmiley22:

Just swapped out the ones on my Deuce. A little bit on the tedious side, but so worth the time! I was very glad that I spent time with my morning coffee a while back and researched it. Without a Service Manual (shame on me!) the info I gathered from 'our' forum was like GOLD! And yes, that shim WAS a surprise - - - glad I was being watchful! *LOL*

Just did mine on my RK.
A Little frustrating on the right side, because of the bracket inside the switch housing. you have to pull the switches all the way out to change.

took about 1:15 to do the right side, and about 45 min to do the left

TIP: push the black jacket on the wiring harness up away from the switches as far as you can, and spread the wires, makes it easier to remove the switches from the housing

I just did it yesterday. Make sure you try to free up as many of the switch parts as you can. I ended up breaking the clips to the starter switch so I had to gorilla glue the switch to the housing. It was a very tedious job and took a lot longer than I expected (1.5-2 hours)

Back