free website stats program Chrome Rotor for 2009 FXDC | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome Rotor for 2009 FXDC

shrini23

Hey guys I'm in the plan of changing my stock front and rear rotor to chrome rotors.
I went to the dealership and the guy told me that floating rotors are much better than the regular rotors.
I'm layman in this,so not sure how much a floating rotor will make a difference if I go for.(pls some of the experienced riders give me some input on this)

I looked into Harley webpage and zeroed in on two rotors
"44822-00" Rear"
"Classic Chrome Brake Rotors

These rotors are influenced by the "baby moon" style popularized in the heyday of the hot rod. Their smooth chrome finish adds a sleek look to any wheel. Both front and rear rotors come complete with new mounting hardware."

"44359-00 Rear"
"Chrome Floating Brake Rotors

Premium stainless steel rotor outer disc surface is precision riveted to a steel inner. Floating rotor design offers the latest in brake technology."

I kinda liked the "44822-00" because inside its all chrome like a mirror which I liked but it is not a floating one. so pls someone give me valuable thoughts

Thanks in advance

If you want to make an already weak brake system weaker, go with the chrome. It will be the most expensive mod that will acheive nothing of any use.

Floating rotors compensate for runout in the rotor design, play as well as variations in the swept caliper/brake halves. It is the "buzzing" sound that you hear when applying brakes using floating rotors. :D

Racers and performance sportbike riders have found the advantages outweigh the disadvantages (cost and complexity). Clearly your question is one of aesthetics or performance...but as Smitty pointed out, there are a lot of fancy floating rotors that look good and do not compromise performance. Why do you thing MOCO went to Brembos (when they had been using their "home brew" two pot calipers for years). :s

Back