free website stats program Chrome primary, or primary cover? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome primary, or primary cover?

looks good, i just ordered primary (Kuryakyn) cover myself. did you also get front extension cover? (over shifter linkage) if so, any installation problems, also was wondering about how important torque wrench is, you have to remove top 3 primary bolts to install cover. dont want to spend extra cash on wrench if i dont have to, would rather spend it on chrome, even though "chrome wont get you home" it still looks good.

A good torque wrench could give you a lot of good service and help with the correct fitting of many pieces of chrome and other service tasks

Brian

I installed the kuryakyn inner primary caver on my 2007 road king and it looks great i had no need for the tail piece because i have rinehart tru duals on my bike and it does not fit. I like it

Cost is a big thing too, I always wanted a chrome inner primary, not just a cover, I think it looks cleaner and better, but the labor cost to just change one out isn't worth it. Also the quality of some of the aftermarket inners, they can be expensive too. The Keryakn is a good alternative

Well I have the cover coming and should have it Tuesday. I like the way they look I did not get the tail piece but I can always add it later. Thanks for all of the input and pictures. Again you guys are the best.:)

Not even close. Chrome the primary or get one that is chromed and put it on. I don't care what others say, covers look tacky and cheap and you will regret it sooner than later. Spend the extra bucks for the chrome one and even better, learn to change it out. Not that difficult. Get one of the "fix my hog" cd's and it is covered there. The money you save doing the work yourself will more than cover the difference.

I have a chrome inner primary and have really liked it. I got it when some warranty work was being done so the dealer didn't charge me any labor for installation. It isn't the most economical way to go but I think it looks much better than the covers.
I also put on a Chrome inner when I had the old inner off to fix a leak. It looks great, and I have had no leaks whatsoever. IMO an additional comer might hold in more heat.

I chose the chrome inner..i installed myself ..with the help of the "Fix your Hog" dvd....i think its a very clean look as well..i have seen the covers and they to look good ..i just thought for me this looks good...

inner primary 2.jpg

inner w accents lights.jpg

with accents lights 2.jpg

Attachments

• inner primary 2.jpg
    inner primary 2.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 33
  • inner w accents lights.jpg
    inner w accents lights.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 29
  • with  accents lights 2.jpg
    with accents lights 2.jpg