free website stats program Chrome primary, or primary cover? | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome primary, or primary cover?

The Kuryakyn inner primary cover is a nice piece. I would rather go with that like I had than to change the inner to a chromed piece. Some have had problems with leakage after the buffing process that it goes through for the chroming.

14.jpg

The fit is excellent. There's a rear tail piece that is a separate part and I used it but it is a bit of a puzzle to get it in under the pipe but worth it IMO. I covered the rear piece with masking tape so it wouldn't get scratched. It's a close fit.

looks good, i just ordered primary (Kuryakyn) cover myself. did you also get front extension cover? (over shifter linkage) if so, any installation problems, also was wondering about how important torque wrench is, you have to remove top 3 primary bolts to install cover. dont want to spend extra cash on wrench if i dont have to, would rather spend it on chrome, even though "chrome wont get you home" it still looks good.

looks good, i just ordered primary (Kuryakyn) cover myself. did you also get front extension cover? (over shifter linkage) if so, any installation problems, also was wondering about how important torque wrench is, you have to remove top 3 primary bolts to install cover. dont want to spend extra cash on wrench if i dont have to, would rather spend it on chrome, even though "chrome wont get you home" it still looks good.

The one I used has the extension cover as part of the unit. You should really use a torque wrench but if you've done enough wrenching, you can get by with just the top bolts to secure the cover.

I have a chrome inner primary and have really liked it. I got it when some warranty work was being done so the dealer didn't charge me any labor for installation. It isn't the most economical way to go but I think it looks much better than the covers.

Back