free website stats program Chrome Polish | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome Polish

I only use windex or pure carnuba wax on my chrome (not on exh.). IMO chrome polishes contain abrasives that eventually dull the finish. There are an awful lot of chrome polish manufacturers that say I'm wrong.:D
I tend to keep stuff for a long time, so I see the long term effects.

Chrome polish is great on old chrome for rust, etc. but will scratch the finish so I don't use it on new/good chrome. It's hard to beat Pledge but I have used Harley Glaze with good success. It is a sealant, not a wax, and seems to protect the finish longer than any wax or polish.

TurtleWax Bug & Tar remover. Contains a wax, cleans like the dickens, and leave an ultra shine without scratching.

I always use Mothers chrome polish on my chrome and Mothers Aluminum polish on calipers and other polished aluminum. I have no scratches on any of my stuff.

I always use Mothers chrome polish on my chrome and Mothers Aluminum polish on calipers and other polished aluminum. I have no scratches on any of my stuff.
I totally agree. Mothers Chrome Polish has never scratched any of my chrome as long as used as directed. Harley Glaze works very well also, as long as you wait until parts are cool.

Back