free website stats program Chrome lower belt guard install question? | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome lower belt guard install question?

Jdsmitty10

I don't have the chrome guard yet but after installing the original plastic one, I don't know how it would be possible to install without removing the rear wheel. Will I have to?
This is a deuce with a 180 tire.
WAP.gif

I don't have the chrome guard yet but after installing the original plastic one, I don't know how it would be possible to install without removing the rear wheel. Will I have to?
WAP.gif

Dont know either but the instructions are in the box, that is one thing HD does right

Not sure on the Deuce, but on my Heritage it was not all that hard. It started out a bit of a jig saw puzzle, but I figured it out. Just start by threading the front tip forward above the swing arm pivot then work it back into position. There's one fastener behind the swing arm thats a little hard to reach but I got. If I can do it, anyone can!

If you have a chrome rear pulley cover, make sure the guard is not too close to it. It can rub while you are riding, and guess how you find that out!:bigsmiley19:

WAP.gif

I didn't have to remove my wheel to install it on my Deuce.
IMG_0005.jpg

Duecedog - I dig those one peice swing arm chrome inserts. Are those stock or where did you get them?

Nice clean looking bike. All you need now are rear axle covers and your set!

Just installed the lower belt guard on a 2006 Softail Standard - 200mm rear tire. Easy to install - less then 15 minutes. Replaces the existing stock guard. When removing the old guard, pay attention how it comes out. It will be a tight fit but will slide in from the top. The new guard will fit in without removing the tire. You will need to remove the inner fender plastic cover to gain access to the forward bolt on the guard. The instructions are pretty good and will cover the proper install. Looks great when done.

I agree they look great. Completes the bike! Its one of those things that I wish the moco would include on every bike. Stuff like that couldn't increase the cost that much...

Duecedog - I dig those one peice swing arm chrome inserts. Are those stock or where did you get them?

Nice clean looking bike. All you need now are rear axle covers and your set!

Thanks Mad Dog,
Appreciate the compliments. Since that picture was taken, I've added the Phantom covers. These cover the axles and add 3 small led's to each side. I've wired them into the brake/turn signal circuit.

Video

Back