Chrome Fender 59136-10 - How does it look?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Empress, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Empress

Empress New Member

I managed to put a smiley into my front fender (Black FLHRC). Did anybody see the new Rally Chrome Fender (Part 59136-10) on a Road King, maybe have a photo? The one pic in the 2011 catalogue (blue FLHRC) is not convincing.
    Thanks
    Empress

2. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

Chrome is a nice touch on a Harley, but, I am a believer of chrome does not get you home and money can be spent better else-where, ie. engine or comfort parts. I have seen two bikes now with that chrome fender a sunburst orange and a black one and they both looked very tacky. But then again to each his own after all isn't that what individule freedom is all about.
    Just a reminder don't forget to VOTE today.

3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I didnt think that residents of the UK were permitted to vote in American elections :p

Brian

4. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

we need all the help we can get Fin..

5. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

As i wouldnt know what i was voting for i might put my mark in the wrong box it is hard enough keeping up with what is what here

Brian

6. 09RGlideKY

09RGlideKY Active Member

Here is a fender I had chromed on my 06 wide glide for that retro look....

Attached Files:

7. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

09RGlideKY that chrome fender looks OK, but to have a big fat chrome fender on a fatboy or heritage, even streetglide or EG just doesn't look right.

8. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

Looks fine to me. :s

9. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I'm with Slapp, the narrow fender looks "retro" on the wide glide. I think it's just "too much" on the wide skirted fender. :newsmile040: