free website stats program Chrome and metal care | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome and metal care

Irish Hog

I am starting to get some rusting on my chrome and bolts. I noticed on my exhaust pipes it was a little like sandpaper. I buffed it out, it took a little elbow grease, but it buffed out nice. I am curious to know what others do to prevent or clean your metal. I also got a little chrome polish on my black engine fins, anything to clean that??. What is a good cleaner or polish to clean chrome and aluminum?..

Theres a product called S100 Engine Brightener, it will clean up the black fins. I use a product called Autosol to clean chrome and aluminum it works well though not sure if you can get it Stateside.

check out the self help section here. I thought I heard of someone using Pledge?????? :D

Well, maybe not on the engine proper because of the texture of the surface.:58:

It still wouldn't hurt it thou!

PLEDGE!

Use it on everything but the tires, belt and leather.:D
Yeah I know you love your pledge Glide, but I am looking for something to really clean up the chrome. There is some pitting and other spots gathering up on the front rim. Do youthink that Pledge will get this stuff out??

Theres a product called S100 Engine Brightener, it will clean up the black fins. I use a product called Autosol to clean chrome and aluminum it works well though not sure if you can get it Stateside.
I have seen this, have you used the S100 Engine Brightener??. I use S100 when I wash the bike, just on the bike, not the paint, but I think with the engine bright you spray it on and leave it on without rinsing right???..

Back