free website stats program Christmas | Harley Davidson Forums

Christmas

fin_676

Experienced Member
Staff member
Contributor
When I was a wee lad we celebrated Christmas however my generation was the first to celebrate Christmas in Scotland my parents generation did not celebrate Christmas, in Scotland the main winter celebration was New Year
As a Scottish infantry soldier leave was never granted at Christmas we would stay on duty until the English soldiers returned from a Christmas break and we Scottish soldiers would be allowed home for New Year
My wife is German and they celebrate Christmas on the 24th December so as a family we have developed our own Christmas / winter celebration that involves eating good food and drinking good wine and beer depending on what day it is between 24th December and 2nd January
For us the important thing is the gathering of the family during that period of time not the specific date but just to all be together at one point in time
I hope you all have your own specific family celebrations to see out the winter gloom and the start of a new year and enjoy the family gatherings that can be very interesting

Brian

Merry Christmas to you and yours Brian. I agree, to me, it is more about the family time. I would rather not have to worry myself with buying gifts that I hope others would like, and even more them not buying me gifts I probably won't use. It is more about the family. Very happy that I can still celebrate with my parents. I realize that their time here is limited, and I will miss them terribly when they are gone, so therefore, I appreciate every minute I spend with them.

Hope everyone had a blessed and merry Christmas. We drove to the eastern shore to a little town named Summerdale and it certainly lived up to it's name, warm 75 and breezy. Spent the day with family, feasted on smoked turkey, ham, and all the trimmings.:)

Back