free website stats program Chosing between 07 S.G.Custom & 09 S.G.Custom | Harley Davidson Forums

Chosing between 07 S.G.Custom & 09 S.G.Custom

shrini23

I'm trying to decide between chosing a 07 super glide custom which is modified with "Vance & Hines pipe, K&N air filter kit, forward foot control, detachable back rest".This bike has 2800 miles on it and a 09 super glide custom which is absolutely factory condition.
Can some of the experience DYNA owners pls tell me which one should I choose between the two..:bigsmiley5:

"Currently I own a 1200L which is 08 and after trade-in value of this I can get the 07 dyna for 6000 out the door" and for the 09 (after installing forward foot control and detachable back rest I can get it for 8000 out the door"...Pls tell me which one should I go for.

Shrini23, IMO no one can tell another what is best for them.We all have different likes and dislikes.Your size ,riding style, are only a few of the things that you will have to consider.take them both out and see what feel's good to you(and in my case the better half)and then decide.

Thanks for your reply. Actually I really like both the bikes (new and used) but my only thing is which one should I go for considering the used one has lot of add ons but the new one I pay more but it is all factory stock...
This is where I'm totally confused

HOW I WOULD DO THIS

I prefer BREAKING IN my own bike enough that the $$ in EXTRAS would make NO DIFFERENCE to me AND what about the 2 YEARS NEWER if you want to sell in a couple of years.....

2 yrs old vs: 4 yrs old.

ONE OWNER vs:2

just my way.... signed....bubbie

what color are they???
AND maybe glider can tell US the difference between the 07/09 models?

Re: Chosing between 07 S.G.Custom & 09 S.G.Custom

CAN someone tell US the changes that hd made between 07/09 models of the same bikes in question????

this would help the decision atleast on MY PART

signed....BUBBIE

The old one is one tone that is black
The new one is two tone black/silver

old one has vance & hine longshots and air filter which runs around 1000$(including parts and labor)
detachable backrest (parts and labor-600$ as told by harley folks)
forward foot control (parts and labor-600$ as told by harley folks)

all the above is included in 07 bike and I can get this for 6000 out the door.

The 09 bike
7300 for stock bike
to add backrest it is 600
to add forward foot control another 600
so this brings my price to 8500$

Is it still worth going for old one or the new one.
Pls note the 07 only has 2700 miles and I guess in my opinion this is really a low mileage...
Pls tell me

The old one is one tone that is black
The new one is two tone black/silver

old one has vance & hine longshots and air filter which runs around 1000$(including parts and labor)
detachable backrest (parts and labor-600$ as told by harley folks)
forward foot control (parts and labor-600$ as told by harley folks)

all the above is included in 07 bike and I can get this for 6000 out the door.

The 09 bike
7300 for stock bike
to add backrest it is 600
to add forward foot control another 600
so this brings my price to 8500$

Is it still worth going for old one or the new one.
Pls note the 07 only has 2700 miles and I guess in my opinion this is really a low mileage...
Pls tell me

If I was able to buy a new 2009 for 8300.00. That would tweak my interest. Since I bought a 2007 for 18,600.00 in 2008. What model's are the Bike's?

If I was able to buy a new 2009 for 8300.00. That would tweak my interest. Since I bought a 2007 for 18,600.00 in 2008. What model's are the Bike's?

2007 super glide custom
2009 super glide custom.

Is there a major difference between these two versions or pretty much everything is the same?

There are very few differences between the 07s and 09s. All major components are the same.

Save yoruself a bunch of cash if you decide on the 09. Buy it and do the the exhaust, air box, detachable backrest, and forwards yourself.

I purchased a stock 06 and never had put a wrench on a motorcycle before. Soon after purchase, I had install all the above items myself saving hundreds of dollars doing it myself. You'd be amazed at what you can do with a service manual and the support of forum members. While you are installing, you will be learning valuable information about your bike.

Two years, and thousands of dollars worth of mods later, i am the only one to have worked on the bike except for one warranty repair.

New
6K313461-1.jpg

Now
Picture003a.jpg

So...you're saying your 08 Sporty and $6000 for the 07? Hmmm, assuming clear title on the Sporty you're only getting about $6500 for it on that deal. The 07 FXDCs are selling for around $12K here. Those addons are nice (what I want on mine). Has it had a Stage-1 download for the pipes and intake mod? Any remaining warranty on the bike?

The 09 is good too. Did they ever put the mod in to the 96" motor to where the rear jug cuts out while idling at a light? I'm not crazy about that mod in the 09 if it was implemented. I'll put up with the heat on my thighs, thanks over sounding like a 1-lung popcorn popper while waiting at a light. Work a deal for them to toss in a few bones (front controls, removable back rest & pad) for that price and I'd jump on the 09 assuming again that it has full warranty. Pipes are a real easy install as is a new intake...I'd save that work for a rainy Saturday. Depending on your height, I would recommend some taller bars with the forward controls.

Back