free website stats program Chopped rear fender? | Harley Davidson Forums

Chopped rear fender?

cdn-bigfoot

I've got a 2006 FXDBI "Street Bob".
Tons of extras already, including dual longshot pipes, Kuryakin Hypercharger, Drag bars, Deuce rear wheel and 21" custom chrome front wheel.

Has anyone tried cutting back their rear fender on a streetbob to show more rear tire? It would mean moving the taillight to the side. And I'm not convinced it would look right with just a 180 rear tire.

Welcome to the forum!! I think just about anything you do to your bike to make it different is cool. Cutting your fender would be a simple enough mod. You might want to search this forum about the Kuryakin Hypercharger and the problems it can create for your motor! Glad you joined us!
I plan on riding from AZ to Canada beginning of May.
I've read the posts on the Hypercharger issues.
I believe the "vacuum effect" may be a myth. The butterflies close at speed in order to prevent this from happening.
I would love to see some real life evidence that this will reduce performance at highway speeds. If I feel it, and believe it, the Hypercharger will go in the trash.

WOULD LOVE TO SEE PHOTO'S IF ANYONE HAS CUT BACK THEIR REAR FENDER ON A STREET BOB, FXD, FXR OR SPORTY.

Last edited:
Was just looking through some photos. The Nightster fender is similar to the Street Bob and chopped just the way I envisioned. Time to grind!
Bzzzzggracckkwrzzz!!!#!

Back