free website stats program Choices on lowering a 2010 Ultra Classic Electraglide | Harley Davidson Forums

Choices on lowering a 2010 Ultra Classic Electraglide

C908

I have put 4,000 miles on my 2010 Ultra Classic and here is what I'm thinking. I'm 5'7 with a 30 inch inseam and weigh 170 lbs. I have the stock Low seat and I'm just barely able to flat foot.I have found wearing a boot with a thicker sole is better than my dress shoes when I ride to work. I checked with C & C about their Sport touring seat and they said it wouldn't be any lower than my stock low seat. They suggested changing the shocks to low profile shocks. I am considering the HD low profile shocks that retail for $279.00. They can probably be ordered some where for 20% off which would make them $223.00.They say they lower the seat height by 3/4 of an inch. My other consideration is the Progressive 940 shocks advertised to lower the seat height by 1 inch.So far the best price I have found is $519.00. Anyone else been in this same situation if so I would sure appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

I am 5'6" and on the 09 Ultra I had, I put the low profile seat and low profile shocks, and I hit flat footed, with a little knee bend.

I am 5' 6" and 145 pounds, I installed the lower profile HD shocks on my 2001 Ultra and I am flat footed with normal soled boots. The ride stayed the same due to the air adjustment ability.

I have put 4,000 miles on my 2010 Ultra Classic and here is what I'm thinking. I'm 5'7 with a 30 inch inseam and weigh 170 lbs. I have the stock Low seat and I'm just barely able to flat foot.I have found wearing a boot with a thicker sole is better than my dress shoes when I ride to work. I checked with C & C about their Sport touring seat and they said it wouldn't be any lower than my stock low seat. They suggested changing the shocks to low profile shocks. I am considering the HD low profile shocks that retail for $279.00. They can probably be ordered some where for 20% off which would make them $223.00.They say they lower the seat height by 3/4 of an inch. My other consideration is the Progressive 940 shocks advertised to lower the seat height by 1 inch.So far the best price I have found is $519.00. Anyone else been in this same situation if so I would sure appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

C908, I may know a solution to your problem. I will send you a PM

Mean city cycles 866-550-seat can rebuild your seat and drop you down 2 or more inches. they have done all my seats for me. I have a 2010 ultra classic I'm 6' but have a 30" inseam. they will ask you for the pan number from the bottom of the seat and tell how low they can go. They can use medical foam. I do 750 mile days. love my seat and around $ 100.00 and will give you a date to ship the seat and will ship it back to you same day. Your only down a few days

I am 5'-6" with 30" inseam. I have the low profile touring shocks, lowered front end and the REACH seat. All HD. Definitely flat footed, and lower center of gravity helps with more stable feeling ride.

TQ

Back