free website stats program Chill in the Air | Harley Davidson Forums

Chill in the Air

miketini24

Now that it's starting to cool down, do you check the outside temperature before leaving the house? If so, how cold is too cold? Is there a temp. that you'd rather take the cage than ride?

I ride pretty much year round if there isn't snow or ice. In town down to 25 and on the highway down to around 35 ..

Now that it's starting to cool down, do you check the outside temperature before leaving the house? If so, how cold is too cold? Is there a temp. that you'd rather take the cage than ride?

Last year we purchased the heated vest and gloves and rode all winter when the sun was out. On a nice crisp sunny day riding with the heated garments make a BIG difference !

I don't generally start out in the rain, but have if it was supposed to clear soon (sometimes it just never DID clear). But as long as there is no ice on the road, not ice in the forecast, I'm riding. Of course Gerbing pants, jacket, and gloves is a help

I have HD heated gloves and jacket liner hence I ride in pretty cold situations and do at times. However...Safe traction comes first and formost and I don't ride if there is heavy salt residue on the streets/roads.

This salty dust can cling to your cycle and corrode and rust your machine. Not worth it to me.

In some folks minds my interest in cycle riding leads them to believe that I am "ate up".

No heated stuff for me - just layer a lot with high tech undergarments, balaclava for the face and chin, winter gloves, chaps, etc. As mentioned previously, moisture and/or ice is actually a bigger factor then the mere temperature.

not yet still warm nuff no matter what now come oct ill check the temps if its above 30 i go

I'll ride until the salt and sand hits the road, that's usually sometime in November/December through April. Temperature doesn't matter much.

Back