free website stats program Child Riding Belt | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Child Riding Belt

I remember a long time ago, that there was a cowhide kidney/weighlifters belt that had handles on the side for passenger to hang on to...I always wanted to get or modify one...just never got a round to it, but that way the passenger & rider have a choice. Remember, motorcycling is "--acceptance of risk" as a grandparent, I feel more than anyone that safety is a concern, which is why if they are really small it is only around the block only.

I was going to use a belt like mentioned for my daughter when she was 6 but decided against it for safety. She would non off after a while of riding. I would pull over and put her in front of me. She and I rode a lot of miles like this. Now as a pre teen she sometimes seems to busy to ride with dad. I do miss those days.... :)

I personally probably won't have my kids on until they are old enough to hold on without a belt to hold them on..that just doesn't sound safe.

have a good friend that has three boys so he went out a bougth a side car for his standard puts the two youngest in the side car and the oldest behind him oldest is 13 so no restraint just an idea

Thanks KMAC... I ride a 2010 Fat Bob... not sure that it can support a sidecar. I thought it was only touring models that could.

Back