free website stats program Child Riding Belt | Harley Davidson Forums

Child Riding Belt

I'm looking for thoughts, opinions about the Child Riding Belt...

Child Riding Belts Home Page

I have a son about to turn 6 and a daughter who's 4-1/2 years old, and I've been wanting to bring them on rides, poker runs, etc., but am concerned about them falling off. They can reach the pegs, but tend to quit holding on on the couple of rides around the neighborhood I've taken them on. If anyone has any experience with the Child Riding Belt, I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions about it.

Thanks! :D

My next door neighbor uses one for his grandchildren. They don't seem to mind at all, They are just happy to ride Granpa's Harley. I think it's a good idea for the smaller tikes. I would use one if I had grand kids (Only grand-dogs now)

Thanks Harry! I really appreciate your feedback!

Do you know how secure they seem to be when they are in the harness and riding?

It looks like it could work..

Then again I would not be comfortable to ziptie my children on my back while I go for a ride.. there is no way all that wind / engine noise can be good for a child's ears..

I also think this thing might not add very much to the "responsible biker" image..

Pretty interested in hearing other people's opinions though.

Take care,

I also think this thing might not add very much to the "responsible biker" image..

I think it is just the opposite. Wanting to spend time with our kids or grandkids on the bike is a good thing. This seems much more responsible than "I hope they don't fall off".

JMHO

Sorry for the long time to get back to you... The belt is a wide velcrow type device & they seem very secure to the driver... & Happy...

I don't know. I guess I'm too conservative, but, it seems if they have to be tied on, they're not old enough to ride, YET. YMMV

Also, we all know, and so should our passengers, that in the case of going down, get off of, and away from, the bike. If you are tied on, you could be in trouble.

I just don't know...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back