Chief

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by ssbn655g, Mar 7, 2013.

1. ssbn655g

ssbn655g New Member

I drove Submarines while serving in the Navy for 20+ years. Now drive a 2009 fatboy with a stage 1 kit. Not sure if this stage one thing is a poisitive or - ? Average about 5K miles a year but not going more than 50 miles from home.
    Trying to plan a trip this summer to the mountains. need some friends to ride with.
    I learned a lot from a navy career, but sometimes i go a little overboard.
    Have been trained to push (PM) preventive maint. Went online and asked the question what can go wrong with my harley, WOW! Now I'm a nervos wreck.
    need to take a course on harley.

All worries aside I like the bike. The sound, the torque, the looks, the attention, the tires, the blue color, the personality. Have considered an S&S
    engine replacement? Concerned about the factory engine blowing out from under me at max thrill runs and would like 150 HP and torque? need to blow away a Triumph with 146HP? Hope to hear from a lot of riders and make a few friends. regards

Chief:bigsmiley30:

2. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

Welcome to the forum from southeastern CT.:USA:CONNECTICUT

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome to The Forum
    :wbs:rider Check out the self help section and get familiar with your bike, If you don't have 1 Get a factory manual:D

4. doctor727

doctor727 Active Member

Welcome aboard Chief. Great info in here as well as great people. What mountains are you wanting to ride too? Where are you starting from?

5. Podar39

Podar39 Member

From one Chief to Another.......
    Welcome Aboard!

6. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Welcome to the forum.:cheers

7. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
    From Central Florida.