free website stats program Chemical analysis of Pledge Furniture Polish | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Chemical analysis of Pledge Furniture Polish

Some of our duties in the fire station included polishing brass ie fire pole.
We also of course washed and waxed fire apparatus almost daily and included
the Chiefs and Captains cars also.
Well we had a Capt that liked the smell of lemons, so we did the interior of his car with lemon pledge. The seats were vinyl and the pledge did a nice job.
We used almost a whole can just on the front seat one day to make it really slippery. "Boredum makes us get into trouble sometimes" Well right after we finished we got an alarm and when the Capt hit the drivers seat at run, he slid all the way to the passenger door and halfway into the floor. Very funny, until he returned from the call and chewed on us about it. It was still worth the cost of a can just to see that.
I just bought a can for our bikes, used it on the windshield and looks good. It is easier to buff out than the HD spray and cheaper. Thanks

Like Joel, my GF and I have been using Lemon Pledge on our bikes for many years. Now the secret is out. ;- )

What ever they put in it Pledge with a micron fiber cloth it does as good if not better than stuff costing 3 times the price. I can buy Pledge almost anywere.
I try new stuff from time to time and some of it works great just not any better than Plegde.

What makes it better than most other chrome or metal cleaners, is your not wiping off the dust created by cleaners drying. Smitty hit the nail on the head. Micro-Fiber Cloth. This is the trick when using Pledge.

I noticed it really does wipe off easier. When I used the other spray cleaner waxes, It took more rubbing to get the streaks off and even then it still looked like it was oily. The pledge works great and doesn't leave that smear. Now if they would make it availabe in a chrome plated can with a Bar & Shield ,every Harley owner would buy it.
Thanks

Last edited:
I have been using the Honda spray cleaner for years on my metric bikes. I almost never have to wash my bike. I don't really like the idea of spraying water from a hose on my bike. I have always strongly suspected that this stuff is no different from Pledge furniture polish. It feels like it, smells like it (at least the non-lemon pledge) and works great on windshields, painted surfaces and chrome.

Looks like when my can runs out I'll be buying some pledge (or maybe the dollar store brand to go even cheaper!)

Well you got me.......I had my doubts,but I tried it.............freaking amazing this stuff is. It works great, and very easy..........thanx

What I'm not 100% clear about is --

Does Lemon or Orange Pledge make a difference?

I've been using the Mellow Yellow, myself... but recently noticed the Motor Company Orange... and am unsure?

Cheers,

]{evin

Back