free website stats program checking for converter | Harley Davidson Forums

checking for converter

09classic

I have not long ago had a stage one put on my 09 ultra. S E pipes and air and remap. I am looking at a TFI and have been told that some of the 09s had a converter and some did not. Is there any way to know short of pulling off the right exhaust and looking to see if it is there.

I thought my 09 SG had a converter because it is a Canadian bike but it does not.

Insert a small diameter broom handle through the right muffler into the header and see if goes past the point where the front and rear header join together. I did that with mine but I have Rienhart muffler's. If you can't get it through the S E mufflers then just take off the right muffler and inset the broom handle into the header.

09classic; unless your bike came from CA - you shouldn't have a catalytic converter. This is why I wanted a '09 vs. '10 bike b/c it was the last year before EPA std implemented CAT in m/c's.

Thanks for the info I have found that I do not have a converter. As hot as this bike is I would hate see what it would have been like with a converter.

Thanks for the info I have found that I do not have a converter. As hot as this bike is I would hate see what it would have been like with a converter.
Also A big reason I bought the 09 instead of the 2010 sitting behind it.:D

Full stage one,,,V&H slip-ons and SE air along with the TFO or Gen3 WILL cool the bike a bunch and it will run a lot better (my 09 FLHR does.)..

Just the TFI or Gen3 will Help do the trick and Run a lot better..

signed....BUBBIE

I am making a trip to Gatlinburg 22-26 this month. When I get back I think I will add the TFI,. Love the bike hate the heat. I believe the TFI will help.

Definitely...plus it allows adjustment for other/future upgrades. You'll be pleased...!! Have a safe trip!

Back