Checked cam chain tensioners today...

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by jimmydsmith7, Dec 26, 2010.

1. jimmydsmith7

jimmydsmith7 Member

Have an 06 Ultra that I bought last year. My first HD... thank you HD of North Texas. They made me a heck of a deal! Tried contacting previous owner to find out what all had been done, but gave up after no luck. Well, it was a sunny day today here in Texas, all of the kinfold had gone by noon today, so I decided to check the cam chain tensioners. Bike has 30,000 miles and after reading on this and other sites about needing to keep a close eye on them, I decided I better have a look, and if bad get it fixed before riding season . WELL GUESS WHAT I FOUND.......GEARS!!!!! NO CHAIN OR TENSIONERS!!! Feels like I hit the lotto.. I am so happy that I had to tell someone.
    Thanks to all that have posted here with instructions and pictures, I have the shop manual, but all of the info on here made it 10 times easier to do.

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

So now you have some extra cash to buy some bling......
    Its always nice to find things were taken care of when you suspect there might be a issue....

3. rkrdr2

rkrdr2 Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2010
  4. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

kind of like getting a little extra christmas gift finding out something like that.

5. wannaride

wannaride Active Member

Nice catch. Wish I was that lucky.

Toby

6. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

If it has been changed to gear drive, since the cams would have to be changed I would almost bet they were changed to something other than stock. Nice Christmas present.

7. fxrshog

fxrshog Member

Lucky guy, you need to invest in more lotto tickets. :s

8. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

I will put it to you real quick, Sweeet man, real Sweet. Think of the money saved, can you say BLING?

9. HOLY DIVER

HOLY DIVER Junior Member

yea wish i would have been that lucky! i'm happy for u now u can ride with no cam tensioner worries