Check your battery

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Mongo1958, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

Removed the seat to remove the poorly installed LED lighting system. I really never liked it or used it much. A few of the LED's were shorted out as well.
    I found the battery terminals loose and barley more than finger tight. just say'n.....
    [​IMG]

2. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

Good find, before it left you stranded.
    tourbox

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Thanks for the reminder. Out of sight out of mind. Thanks again.:bigsmiley23:

4. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I had a battery terminal come loose last year the first sign was the turn signals not working stopped and they worked rode on a wee bit and they stopped again stopped and shut bike off then dead oh bother
    Seat off found one of the terminals loose the terminals are removable with 2 mount points on either end of the battery so the battery can be orientated either way luckily I had a suitable allen key with me that fitted as battery is metric and tools are imperial got it good enough to hold till I got home got the correct tool and all has been well since
    Perhaps I need to fit wheels and a tow hitch to shed and take it with me so that I have all my tools when on the road

Brian

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

As with any vehicle, this is the number 1 cause of charging system failures:s