free website stats program Check this out. WOW | Harley Davidson Forums

Check this out. WOW

Hi jsklari,

Yea I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. The bike is at the dealership now. They are getting ready to take it out and ship it. To replace it is only 50.00 bucks. Thanks goodness for the Extended Warranty. It has paid for it's self twice over.

Hi jsklari,

Yea I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. The bike is at the dealership now. They are getting ready to take it out and ship it. To replace it is only 50.00 bucks. Thanks goodness for the Extended Warranty. It has paid for it's self twice over.

Good for you, sometimes the extended warrany is well worth the money.

Yea in this case it was. So I am going to have them just go ahead and check the front belt pully, belt and rear belt pulley. Not that I only have to spend 50 bucks on the engine, and I afford to get other things fixed. Thank HD for the ESP Warranty.

HD took out the timken bearings that HELD the crank for moving long ago?.. $$$$ saved:lolrolling

My 2000 had them.

Good Move by HD....eh?

These newer TC engines with the raised wrist-pins to accommodate the stroker rods at 4.375 (more engine heat) and Cranks that Un-align easily...

Removing the timken bearings that Held the crank from Horizontal Movement sure was an Improvement...:guitar same old song and dance, saving $$$$ for the ??? Not U and I

The old style TC motors/bikes with NO side movement and better made cranks were great.
(pre 07's on the modified stroker and cranks twisting out of place, compensator problems )

What is Next on the HD agenda? HD has been a Spiraling out of control...

Kinda like My 06 sportster, in 04 they rubber mounted the sportster motor:D a good thing BUT then Took out the tranny access cover end plate so the engine needs to be Totally torn apart to access the tranny
if you need to put in a new part... More $$$ for the HD shops I assume was the Idea.
Big savings on the initial engine case manufacturing cost Until I Have to do the Split the engine to repair.

I'm disappointed for all the worth less to the customer IMPROVEMENTS being made.

sure seems like it is that in my book.:small3d002:

How about YOU?

X-TRA Warranty is NEEDED on todays bikes with all the modifications and ProblemsFROM improvements HD makes...

They want the consumer TOTALLY out of their OWN repair and service...

Heck,,,, so many New problems that the HD Repair men have their hands full learning how to do a repair and to say nothing of the special Tooling needed...

Rant over.:newsmile071:

signed....BUBBIE

"Rant over."

Hey Bubbie, everyone loves a good rant. And it sounds like the way the MoCo is moving we will be getting more and more opportunities.:bigsmiley12:

What problem were you having to tear it down for inspection? noise, vibration?

Looks like the knurled nut and the wobble shaft swapped places. Thank goodness for the ESP. I believe in it!!

What problem were you having to tear it down for inspection? noise, vibration?

Well there was alot of top end noise, and alot of vibration. Strange thing was that the cylinders and the piston and rings looked really good.

When I took it in for another service, one of the techs to the bike and put it on the dyno and put a load on it. He said he could hear some bottom end noise when he put the load on it. They did that for free. Man these tech here at my dealership are really top notch. They really know what is going on and how to take care of the customer.

Yea man. Thanks goodness for the ESP program. I highly recommend the extended warranty. This service has paid for the warranty two times over. Just cost me 50 bucks.

Back