free website stats program Check that tire pressure | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Check that tire pressure

Solo rider is 36 front,36 rear and rider and passenger is 36 front ,40 rear, I just pulled my manual and that is for ALL TOURING MODELS.

Solo rider is 36 front,36 rear and rider and passenger is 36 front ,40 rear, I just pulled my manual and that is for ALL TOURING MODELS.

Thanks DrumGuy, I was just thinking about doing that. I have not even left the house today.... being extremely lazy watchin football and the rain. LOL!

I check twice weekly, especially during this time of year where temperature and humidity can swing dramatically throughout the month.

I work for Praxair, the largest Industrial Gas Company in US. Nitrogen works since it is an inert gas that doesn't expand and contract like air. I never asked our folks about using it in motorcycle tires.

I think some of the tire stores that install have it available, right?

Just a heads up. Temps are cooling off. Air contracts when cold expands when hot. We all know that. Checking the ride out Friday night for a long ride Saturday. Rear had 30 psi. Glad I took the time to check. Some thing we (or me anyway) don't give much thought. Ride safe. :TEXAS

Should check em before EVERY:34: ride!

I have a question. Lets say for example HD wants 35 PSI in rear and 30 in front when cold, fully knowing that when the tire gets up to operating temperture it will be 40 in rear and 35 in front when hot.. If that statement is True, would you inflate your tires to a higher value when cold if using an inert gas since the gas will not expand as much?

Back