free website stats program Check that tire pressure | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Check that tire pressure

Only reason I say that is because Iceman did say Vehicles(s) which means at least 4X2= 8 test samples. I could see maybe 2-3 test samples out of the 8 pulling it off but 8 out of 8 would be a tall order.
He may be using those Hi quality metal tire valve caps w/ the O-rings in them. That does help offset leaking tire valves. I do find that those really do help.

Where can I find these?

Ok, got a question about nitrogen in tires, A: where do you get it and B: do you notice any difference in the way the bike rides when tires are warm, being that nitrogen does not expand.

Well in my case I had a tank I purchased at Airgas welding supply. I really did not notice any big change in how the bike road. I would really have to ride a while with nitrogen and then change back to notice a difference. I do think (guess) there is 1 outstanding positive point to using it and that is to have the inside of the tire in a dry environment. Not having any water vapor I feel is a big plus. On past cars, the water vapor would really corrode the inside of the rims.

Who knows, it's the 1st time I am trying it so I shall see if it's a big waste of time..

has anyone tried any tire pressure monitors? I noticed one in the Ad at the head of the first thread for Doran.:D

I have tubes in my bike so that is not an issue for me. In my 05 Ultra Classic I run 36 front, 40 rear.

Back